- CARE FOR THEM
CARE FOR THEM
At Spring in the Air we want you and your loved ones to have the best possible experience when using our flowers for yourselves or when sending them as a gift. Remember that fresh flowers are a delicate. live product that must be cared for properly to ensure the longest possible vase life.
How can you tell if a rose is fresh?
There are two main ways you can easily tell if a rose is fresh:
1) Look at the bottom of the stems. This is a clear indicator of how fresh a rose is. If the rose is fresh, the bottom of the stems will be white or very close to it. Roses that have been sitting in a vase a long time will have a brownish color on the bottom of the stems. This happens because there is usually bacteria in the water and the bottom of the stems turn gewey after a few days, thus taking away from the long life of your roses.
2) The second way to tell is to gently feel the top of the rose petals with your fingertips. If the petals feel like they are firm and strong, the rose is fresh and will last a long time if you care for it properly. If the petals feel very soft and are not firm at all, the rose is not going to last any time at all, no matter what you do. The heads of the roses will quickly droop and develop a fungus called "Botritis" which will turn the petals brown and gewey
When you order your roses from Spring in the Air, we strongly recommend that you enter a delivery address where there will be someone available to sign for the package. It can be a home address or an office building where there will be someone (anyone) available to sign for the package. As soon as you place your order we will give you an estimated time of delivery based on your zip code so that you can plan your day accordingly or let your recipient know that there will be a package coming.
You don't need to ruin the surprise! Although flowers are a gift that is intended as a surprise, you can simply let your recipient know that there will be "a package" coming from FedEx and that it is important that someone signs for it. You don't have to say that the package contains roses. However you decide to do it, this is important because it will guarantee that the roses are not left out by the front door where they may suffer damage from exposure to extreme temperatures. This will also guarantee that your recipient is absolutely delighted with the flowers and that they perform as you expect them to.
Since our flowers are shipped all the way from Colombia, South America, to your door via FedEx overnight service, they are as fresh as can be when they arrive at your door.
Please follow these care and handling instructions in order to guarantee long life for your flowers:
1) Dissolve the included flower food in a vase with 1 qt of water.
2) Remove the lower foliage up to vase rim and recut the stems diagonally. This will ensure that the roses hydrate quickly and water runs to the top of the stem and to the flower as quickly as possible.
3) Arrange your flowers in the vase and place the vase away from direct sunlight.
4) Water should be changed every 2-3 days and the stems recut to ensure the longest possible vase life.
5) Enjoy your Spring in the Air Flowers for many days to come!
Let us know if you have any questions about caring for your flowers by clicking on the contact link.
Thanks for allowing us to show you how truly fresh flowers can make your day.
The Spring in the Air Team